|I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.|
Here at St Margaret Mary's we base our curriculum on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our intention is to initiate the children into discipleship which is a life long journey of the Faith. To this end we promote the chief characteristics of the Catholic life namely:-
- Prayer and Worship
- Faith and Morality
- Word and Sacrament
We are delighted that our work in this very important area has been recognised as "Outstanding" by our recent RE Inspection. Please click on this link to see a copy - St Margaret Mary Final RE Inspection Report 22.01.15.pdf
Our 10% taught Religious Education using “Come and See” as our foundational resource provides the specific theological knowledge and understanding which underpins every aspect of our learning. This is supplemented with other cross curricular and multi faith resources as necessary.
Religious Education teaching at St Margaret Mary's aims:
- To help pupils develop a personal relationship with Jesus, and to experience the Good News of the Gospel.
- To enable the pupils to grow in their awareness of what it means to be a member of the Church.
- To encourage our pupils to reflect on their lives and on society in the light of the Gospel.
- To develop in our pupils a sense of social justice.
- To increase pupils’ knowledge, awareness and respect of other religious traditions and cultures.
- To create a warm and welcoming atmosphere where politeness and respect are shown to all.
- To develop in children, through Bible study, an understanding of values as taught by Jesus.