Here at St Margaret Mary's we are committed to achieving the Artsmark Award.
The Artsmark Award is a creative quality standard for schools which is accredited by Arts Council England.
Taking part in this will allow us to develop and celebrate our commitment to arts and cultural education.
The Artsmark will help to:
- build young people’s confidence, character and resilience through arts and cultural education
- embed creativity across the whole curriculum and use it to address school improvement priorities
- celebrate our long-term commitment to cultural education with pupils, parents and our local community
We would like to introduce our 8 Art Ambassdors:
This years Art Ambassadors are all currently in Key Stage 2 and are creative and passionate about art and design.
Our roles include:
- Attending regular Arts Council meetings that will be held during school hours, offering valuable contributions and expressing pupil voice
- Making sure that fellow students clear up properly after Art and Design Technology
- Be willing and confident to meet, discuss and share our art curriculum with primary aged students from local school
- Modelleding and sharing projects such as 'Happy, Safe and Free'
- Assisting Miss Howells and Mr Clarke in organising and managing whole school Art competitions
- Supporting in activities which will contribute towards an Artsmark Award